Inguling

As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

12 Books I Plan to Read in 2014

I've spent the past two weeks toiling for two finals in law school. Let's just say it was depressing. Depressing to spend that much time apart from my darling Kindle (Hansel for anyone who wants to know) and depressing because my finals proved the age old rule of law school: It doesn't matter how much you study, eventually it all goes to shit.

While I studied for my exams the only reading joy I had was planing future reads. After watching a video from Words of a Reader on youtube where she goes through the 12 books she wants to read this year, one for each month I presume, I decided to do the same, only I settled for six because some of them are big. Just for 2014 because I don't see much reading happening until I finish my semester in December. Of courseI plan to read much more in 2014 but these are my must reads, the ones that have been put off for too long and now deserve my attention.

So without further ado, here they are. Drumroll please.

First of all are a few big ones I've wanted to read forever but have put off, daunted by their size.

1. War and Peace

War and Peace

I've wanted to read this for the longest time and having finally finished Anna Karenina, which I loved, I think it's time to tackle this one.

2. The Tale of Two Cities

The Tale of Two Cities

My first Dickens. Looking forward to this!

3. Gone With the Wind

Gone With the Wind

Ah, Scarlett, Scarlett, Scarlett. I've seen the movie and loved it. As I go by the rule that books are usually better than the movie this one should be good.

4. Atonement

Atonement

Again I saw the movie but didn't really follow it, maybe I just wasn't in the mood to watch it that night. But I'm intrigued and I've only really heard good things about the book. So on the pile it goes!

5. A Moveable Feast

A Moveable Feast

My first Hemingway. I don't really know why I picked this one, just did.

6. One Hundred Years of Solitude

One Hundered Years of Solitude

So there. My 6 books. I do realize it's only October, but sue me, I'm a Virgo and I like to plan ahead and make lists, especially when I should be studying for exams.

Rebecca